Thursday, May 20, 2010

Top Hat Chimney

Here is a project I started with class.  I did this assignment on Gene from Top Hat Chimney in Rochester, NY.  I was intrigued by his past experience as a firefighter and his interest in chimneys.  I was really interested in Gene's devotion for his craft in cleaning the chimneys from start to finish.  He would throughly clean and inspect the chimneys for any issues of future fires.  Here is a select few images from the total take.  Do not know yet if I will make this into a deeper story or not but thought I would put these images out there.

If I was to photograph this deeper, I would dive deeper into his life and try to connect his past experiences as a firefighter with his job as a chimney sweeper.  Right now, my images have just scratched the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment