Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Merit and Last Saturdays Assignment

Today was a heavily staffed day so I only got to photograph one assignment which is running in Thursday's paper. My assignment was to photograph Bruce M. Kephart, Executive of the Northeast Region for FirstMerit Bank.  Kephart won a leadership award from Leadership Lake County.  I was to make a simple portrait of him in his office doing something or posed.  I did photograph in his office but I really liked the conference room which had the First Merit sign in the background.  So I posed him to lean on the chairs and incorporated the name of the company in the background.  Shot this portrait using one light to the left of the picture with an umbrella.  Pretty simple Tuesday.

Going back to my last week's assignment, I present you two images from Saturday.  I was to photograph kids eating and making cookies, ice cream sundaes, and chocolate covered treats.  This was a free event and it was suppose to be a promotion to go along with a new Youth Chef Academy being opened.  Sadly, the academy wasn't open that day so I didn't get a chance to photograph it.  I did get some cute pictures of kids being kids though.

Chris Langer/CLanger@News-Herald.com
Bruce M. Kephart, President of the Northeast Region for FirstMerit, received the 2010 Leader of the Year award from Leadership Lake County on Wednesday.  


Chris Langer/CLanger@News-Herald.com
Kids participate in the Oreo Cookie Licking Contest held by The Simon Kidgits Club at Great Lakes Mall last Saturday.  

Chris Langer/CLanger@News-Herald.com
Nolan Sechler, age 4, makes a Max & Erma's sundae at The Simon Kidgits Club's Super Duper Mini Chefs event at Great Lakes Mall last Saturday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment